Fabulous! These are buttery and flavorful. My mom thinks I’ve stumbled onto something here. Easy to make!! will definitely be making it many more times:)
– 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
– 2 cups buttermilk
– 1 stick of butter
– 4 tsp of baking powder
– 4 tsp of sugar
– 2 tsp of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients together.
3. Next, add the buttermilk and mix all of the ingredients together until a moist dough is formed.
4. In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter and then pour it into an 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish (please don’t use too small or shallow pan so that the butter doesn’t drip out of the pan while it’s baking).
5. Place the dough right on top of the melted butter and spread it evenly across the pan with a spatula, until it touches the sides.
6. Now, you need to cut the unbaked dough into 9 evenish squares, making sure it’s swimming in butter at this point.
7. Finally, bake until golden brown on top, about 20-25 minutes.